The countdown is on!!!
There’s officially one week until I leave for New York City and I could not be more ecstatic about this trip.
It’s been about two and half weeks since Boyfriend surprised me with tickets to go see the Rockettes in New York. I haven’t blogged about it until now because it’s taken me this long to figure out how to put my excitement into words.
I FRIGGIN’ LOVE THE ROCKETTES.
Going to see the Rockettes in NYC has been a dream of mine for years. I was even in a tap kickline group in college that only furthered my appreciation for the beautiful ensemble of women that is the Rockettes. Also while in college, I did an entire project/speech in my dance choreography class about them because I wanted everyone to know how amazing they are. Everything they do, everything they touch is pure gold. I am a super huge fan and still cannot even try to begin to express my emotions about the experience I’m about to have. Boyfriend and I bought tour tickets for the Radio City Music Hall and we even get to meet a Rockette when we’re there!
I figure I’m going to cry at least five times during this glorious road trip:
- When we wake up at 3 am to leave for NYC (partially because it will be 3 am and partially because we are going to NYC and I’ve never been there and lastly because it will be T minus one day until we see the Rockettes).
- When we arrive in New York (because the city is beautiful from what I hear and also because we are that much closer to seeing the Rockettes).
- When we meet a Rockette (because duh…)
- Before, during and after the show (It’ll just be one continuous cry, probably through the entire thing because it’s going to be so beautiful… I have to remind Boyfriend to bring about 14885752369 boxes of tissues.)
- When we leave NYC (because who doesn’t love NYC, right?!)
I’ve already warned Boyfriend that I may or may not pass out while meeting a Rockette. He’s prepared… Or at least he thinks he is.
I could probably go on for DAYS about how amazing and superior the Rockettes are. BUT, I am also just really excited for the city of New York. Like I said, I’ve never been and I hear it’s pretty much the cat’s pajamas (oh wow, I’m getting old).
The plan is to arrive Friday afternoon, grab some food (New York style pizza, of course) and then sightsee for a little bit in southern Manhattan. Saturday is going to be packed, but we have from early morning to 10 pm (when the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular starts) to cram in as much as we can. Sunday, we don’t really have much time so we are pretty much going to eat breakfast and hit the road for home.
Boyfriend and I sat on Google Maps and pretty much mapped out everything we want to do and see. There are 21 items on our list, but we are determined to cover them all. It’s probably going to be freezing and miserable outside, but that’s why I’m all about the layers, especially on this trip. I don’t know when we are going to go back to NYC, so I am prepared to spend about two minutes at every stop. I just want to see it all. I have no idea how realistic this is going to be, but I plan on lacing up my running shoes and hitting pavement ALL DAY. I’m also going to need about 5 coffees Saturday morning, probably more.
Wish me luck, y’all!
P.S. Send tissues.